Versatile Blogger Award – “When something good happens, pay it forward”
I am very humbled to have been nominated for the “Versatile Blogger Award” by the ever so wise and insightful Ganesh from the Known is a Drop, Unknown is an Ocean blog. Since I am still only a few months into this blog, being nominated for the award is a bit of a surprise, and very humbling, but that leads to today’s lesson: when something good happens, pay it forward.
There are a few rules that I have to abide by, and they’re meaningful rules that embody the “pay it forward” concept. When something good happens to us, it can often brighten our day. The rough seas or stormy clouds that seemed to pester us with their presence can temporarily recede and we are given a bit of clarity to appreciate something good that has happened to us. Maybe those rough seas suddenly turn into an opportunity for a wonderful ride. Maybe those stormy clouds energize us with the force of their power. Whatever the cause, the good things that happen to us in life can be very motivating, and can remind us of all the things we take for granted.
Taking that wonderful moment that made us smile and paying it forward to someone else is an act of compassion. It’s an act of empathy that ties us to someone else. Its sharing a little joy with someone else that may not have had that random joy that day. If it can remind us of everything we have to appreciate, if it can bring a smile to our faces, why not give the same to someone else? You never know, while it may seem like a string of good fortune to you, for someone else it can be the gesture that makes their day a little, or a lot brighter.
And if we’re all sharing these little bits of joy with one another, then the world is made a better place, one smile at a time. This nomination embodies that philosophy, and I am honoured to have been nominated for it, and to share it with the following inspirational, versatile, and thought provoking blogs…
Blogs To Inspire, Make You Laugh, Make you Think
Rules for the Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you and write a post about it.
2. Share 7 things about your Self.
3. Pass the award on to 10 or 12 bloggers you enjoy, link to their blogs, and let them know you nominated them.
7 Things About Me
1. Favorite Number? 8
2. Favorite Way to Meditate: Stare outside my window with the sound of wind chimes.
3. Favorite Book: Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
4. Favorite Method of Writing: Black ink on blank page
5. Newly Discovered Music/Band: Caro Emerald
6. Favorite Childhood Cartoon: Reboot
7. Favorite Food: Anything my mother’s ever cooked