Another really great post by Zenhabits on living a simple life. It’s very much in the spirit of this older post I made about de-cluttering your physical space, to de-clutter your mind. Here are my five favourite tips from that amazing post which can be found by clicking here:
1. You can’t have a simple life if you’re unwilling to let go of what you’re used to
2. You have to make time for what’s important: time with your kids, time with your spouse, time for creating, time for exercise. Push everything else aside to make time.
3. We put too much emphasis on excitement. It’s temporary, and not important.
4. It’s not how few things we own that matters. It’s whether we make those things count
5. Your attention is your most valuable possession. Give it as a gift to the people you love most, not a bunch of clowns on the Internet. Give it to the work that matters most, not distractions