Today’s Tuesday is found at Lifehack.org, which always has some very valuable insights on a number of topics, all of which I’ve found helpful in self-development, growth, living in the moment, self-awareness, and happiness.
Here are the 10 Tips (summarized), with my own brief thoughts on them too. Be sure to check out their website for more!
- Count your blessings: You have more than you know.
- Simplify life: De-clutter your mind and your environment. See how transformative it can be.
- Find what lifts you up: What do you enjoy? Find it. Then do a lot of it!
- Connect with people who are happy: They say that we are the sum of the 5 people we spend the most time with. If you’re always connecting with people who have drama, or are constant pessimists, how do you think this could affect you?
- Let go of what life should look like: Stop looking around you for what things should be like. What is it you want (and why)? THAT is what you should be aiming for.
- Practice mindfulness: We spend so much time dwelling in the past and worrying about the future, that we miss on the wonderful present of life. Be in the moment, and many of the above will come naturally
- Be yourself: Accept yourself. Forgive yourself. Believe in yourself.
- A positive mindset: This can make so many of the above easier, or the above can make having a positive mindset easier. When you feel negativity popping up, take a moment, acknowledge it, try to understand its origin, and then let it go and focus on the positive. It’s easy to get bogged down with negativity. Positivity is like a muscle, it needs to be trained.
- Happiness comes from giving: The next time you’re having a bad day, do something kind for someone. See how that impacts your mood 😉
- Nourish your mind and spirit: Never stop learning. Never stop exploring. Never stop growing as a person. Never stop improving yourself. Deep within you is someone extraordinary waiting to be discovered, and believed it. What would you do if you could not fail?